Friday, January 11, 2008

What's for Dessert?


OK, since I have a major sweet tooth I will need to start by posting this yummy bar recipe. My sister just spent Christmas with her boyfriend in Tennessee where she ranted and raved about something called Chess bars. These must be a Southern thing because I had never heard of them before. Now my kids are asking for them 24/7 and my daughter even wants to have it instead of cake for her birthday. They are super easy and taste best after being chilled. This picture was taken this morning before I ate one for breakfast (not reccommended as a breakfast food, but highly addicting) Thank you Jonathan for sharing your recipe.

Chess Bars

1 stick margarine (softened)
1 box yellow cake mix (or be creative and try your favorite cake mix, yellow is the one we like best)
1 egg
Stir and pat into a 13x9 inch pan
1 (8 oz.) cream cheese (softened)
1 box Powdered sugar
2 eggs
Mix until smooth. Spread over bottom layer and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Cool and then chill.

1 comment:

Jaeson and Traci Repscher said...

I made these on Sunday and they were really good. I love coconut, so I think I might throw some in the crust next time and see if it works. Great quick, easy recipe. Thanks!