Friday, January 18, 2008

New Posting Suggestions

Hi Ladies! I love seeing all the new recipes on here but I think it's going to start getting chaotic if we are all just posting whatever recipes we want to. I was thinking we could maybe do monthly themes of recipes. That way it will be really easy to search for recipes later on!

Here's what I'm suggesting for the rest of January: Soups/Stews. Share your favorite tried and true! Since we are in the colder months this might be a good one to start with.

To think ahead for February - let's focus on Budget Meals.

And if you do try a recipe that is so fabulous that you can't wait to share it - please feel free to post. I'm just trying to get it a little more organized!

Also - what monthly "themes" do you want to see covered? I was thinking we could do desserts, appetizers, etc.

3 comments:

Jaeson and Traci Repscher said...

Hi, this is Traci, Kirsten's friend. Some recipe themes that I think would be fun are crock-pot recipes, salads, mexican dishes, appetizer, and so on. I think it is a good idea to do a theme each month also because then as you print them out, it will be easier to file them all under one category as we store the recipes. I'm going to just put mine in clear page protector sheets and put them in a 3 ring binder. Thanks for organizing this blog, it is so fun and useful.

Kirsten Spitzer said...

I am always looking for some great desserts, of course, and I would love to do Chinese or Thai, maybe an exotic food month would be fun...Lachelle, you are doing a great job with the blog!

lrbodine said...

Great idea with an exotic food month, crock pot recipes, etc. This should be a lot of fun!