Saturday, March 15, 2008

Green Drink Smoothie



Green Drink Smoothie (Try it for St. Patrick's Day!)
My roomate at Ricks College made these every morning and we thought she was so weird, until we tried it. Yummy! I am still making them 15 years later. My kids love it! The ingredients are approximate-- you can't mess this one up. Apple juice also works if you're low on Pineapple juice. I rarely measure, I just throw it in and it always tastes great. More spinach and it will be a little bitter. More banana and/or pineapple and it will be sweeter.

1 Cup Fresh Spinach
1 Ripe Banana
3/4 Cup pineapple (about half the can with no added sugar)
1 cup pineapple juice (I just drain it from the can)
1 cup of ice

Blend until smooth and bright green!! Please let me know how you like it!

4 comments:

Alysa@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

This is absolutely the best. My children all love it and I even took it to my children's class for a snack. I didn't tell them there was spinach in it until afterwards and they were all amazed. Great way to get those leafy greens in their diet. Thanks for sharing this with me, Jennifer! It's the "make you feel good" drink.

Shanna said...

Wow this was great! I was a little skeptical, so I had to try it ... definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing! :)

Shanna said...

I also tried it today with OJ and it was just as good...

lrbodine said...

Very good! I finally got the ingredients to make this and it was surprisingly good. I don't even like bananas but I couldn't taste it.