Saturday, March 22, 2008

Frog Eye Salad


I'm guessing March is yummy treats month. So I think this fits the bill.
This is a big hit and it's my kids’ favorite (once they figured out that they got to eat a yummy treat with their dinner and it was called a salad)!

Step One:
1 1/3 cup of Acini de Pepe
Boil for 9-10 minutes, with a dash of salt, drain in strainer.
Put in large serving bowl.

Step Two:
1 ½ cups Pineapple Juice
1 Cup sugar
2 eggs
1 ½ tsp salt
2 heaping Tbsp flour
1 tsp lemon juice
Combine and heat over medium, stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens. Pour over Acini and stir.
REFRIGERATE OVERNIGHT

Step Three:
The next day add:
1 lg can Mandarin oranges (drained)
1 can pineapple tidbits (drained)
1 small can crushed pineapple (drained)
1 12 oz tub Cool Whip
diced maraschino cherries
Half a bag of mini marshmallows

Mix and enjoy!

2 comments:

lrbodine said...

We just had this for Easter! I love it.

kate said...

i'm going to try this, it looks wonderful. jennifer-i'd love to read your blog too if you want to invite me! my email is kate.hale.wilson@gmail.com. thanks!