Monday, May 9, 2011

Strawberry Sauce (From Our Best Bites)

This recipe is really easy and super yummy! I think you could even cut back some of the sugar and it would still be plenty sweet. I just need to come up with more uses for it since I had a whole bag of Costco frozen strawberries that didn't get put in the freezer and had to come up with a way to use them before they were ruined! I have a LOT of strawberry sauce now!


1 pint strawberries
1/3 c. white sugar
1 tsp. almond extract (my favorite) or vanilla extract

Combine berries, sugar, and extract in medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for five minutes, stirring/breaking strawberries up with a wooden spoon constantly.

After five minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly (if you have a glass blender jar) and a lot (if you have a plastic blender jar). When cool enough, transfer mixture to blender and pulse until desired consistency is reached.

That's it! It freezes well so I put a bunch in my freezer to use all summer long.

No comments: