Monday, April 21, 2008

Cafe' Rio's Creamy Tomatillo Dressing

I have gone a little incognito for a little while. Oh well, I am back. Life has just been really busy. Here is a recipe I got from my friend, Carolina. It's a bootleg copy of Cafe' Rio's Creamy Tomatillo dressing. It's not an exact replica, but a good dressing none the less. I like to warm tortillas in the oven with cheese on them until they are warm and crispy. Then, I top them with lettuce, cooked chicken, black beans, corn, tomatos, cheese, and tortilla chips crushed up. Did I forget anything? I don't know. If anyone else has a recipe like this, I would love to try it out and compare.



CafĂ© Rio’s Creamy Tomatillo Dressing

Place the following in a blender:
3 fresh tomatillos, cut into quarters
Juice of ½ lime
½ cup buttermilk
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup sour cream
1 package dry buttermilk ranch dressing mix
1 cup fresh cilantro
5 stalks green onions w/ ends
2 cloves crushed garlic
½-¾ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. crushed cayenne pepper
4 tsp. sugar

*combine well in blender, refrigerate one hour.

No comments: